The Heating Technology
The smart heating technology creates a personalized microclimate inside clothing. This not only increases comfort but has also a preventive effect in supporting the body in the fight against undercooling or hypothermia.
The heating technology can be applied to different clothing and furniture items and used in leisure, sports and work environment as well as for therapeutic and health applications.
Depending on the use case and anticipated effect, the system can be configured to meet the specifications for ambient temperature, control mechanism, specific heating area and settings as well as the battery runtime.
The heat source
Electrical heating technologies
Multiple heating technologies can be applied to clothing items depending on required performance, robustness, flexibility, integration architecture, production process and budget. Three examples are listed below:
1. Untreated and treated heating wires
2. Synthetic covered heating elements
3. Graphene elements
Each of these technologies has advantages and disadvantages and can be used depending on the requirements for the final product.
The heating elements can be made water- or fireproof, as well as impact and crush resistant through finishing options.
The change in heating properties
Based on the egonomic concept and required functions, the heating settings can be adjusted in 4 different ways.
1. Button, with haptic control unit, which can be attached to clothing or the battery module.
2. Smartphone, with various functions and settings such as heating intensity, timer and sensor properties.
3. Voice control, with which the thermal properties can be adjusted using individualized voice commands.
4. Autonomous control, which automatically switches the heat on or off depending on the events and trigger points such as change in ambient or body temperature.
The energy source for thermoregulation
The battery module can be customized based on heating system configurations. Various properties such as capacity, size, shape, battery life, housing properties, operating temperature, battery life, connection systems, integration methods and many other aspects are taken into account.
Vulpés already offers some pre-configured and pre-certified battery systems. All other adjustments can be custom-made.
Why choosing Vulpés
Access to technology
Fast time to market
From the idea to implementation